Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at https://strategicplan.indianatech.edu.
Indiana Tech is seeking a full-time tenure-track faculty member at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank to teach undergraduate accounting courses for the College of Business, as well as other Business Administration courses. This faculty member will teach in both the traditional day school as well as in our College of Professional Studies (CPS), both online and face-to-face.
* A terminal degree in accounting, law, business or a related field is required. Those candidates nearing completion of a terminal degree (ABD) may be considered, however completion of the degree will be required prior to the tenure review.
* A current CPA license is required.
* Experience with accounting technology such as accounting software, excel, research databases, and data analytic software is required.
* Preference will be given to those candidates with demonstrated teaching excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Teaching 12 credit hours each semester
* Advising students, engaging with students during office hours and other course-related activities
* Course development and assessment
* Participation in student recruitment and retention initiatives
* Service and professional development requirements as outlined through the tenure process
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Additional Information: Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens.
About Indiana Tech
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career/professional programs. Indiana Tech enrolls approximately 1,700 students in its traditional programs on its main campus and over 8,000 students in Professional Studies programs at 18 regional locations and online. Indiana Tech’s picturesque main campus is located on 45 acres near downtown Fort Wayne. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.